There are several sorts of treatment of water according to the physico-chemical and bacteriological analysis of your water, if it comes from a well.
Besides the hardness of the water, it is often necessary to treat for the turbidity (visual and disturb aspect of water), the iron and the bacteria (bad taste, tint), sulfur (smell of rotten egg) or the germ contamination (faecal coliformes, E.coli and parasitic cysts).
To remove sediments, bad taste and smells. The filtration absorbs and also eliminate all the chemical products. Several kinds of filters :
- Activated charcoal filter : it absorbs the chlorine and the organic matters
- Filter with sand and enthracite : it filters the sediments.
- Filter with calcite and corosex : calcite is a sand containing carbonate of calcium and corosex is an oxyde of magnesium. They correct the ph of the water.
- Filter fifox or katalox : it destroys iron, manganese, hydrogen sulphide .
VIQUA, PENTEK, AQUAPURE, WATERITE, RCAN BIG BLUE
The ozone is a bluish gas the boiling point of which is 112 C. It is one of the most effective oxidizers for the water treatment.
Generally, it is recommended to use the ozone for the pre-oxidation, before a sand filter or an active coal-based filter. After the ozonization, these filters can eliminate the remaining organic matter (important for a final disinfection). These two combined treatments can contribute in:
- The elimination of the organic and inorganic matter
- The elimination of micropollutants, such as pesticides
- The improvement of the disinfection and the reduction of the by-products of disinfection
- The elimination of tastes and smells
Contrary to a softener which extracts the hard ions found in the water: iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium, a conditioner is going to modify the chemical composition of the water by modifying the size of the same ions.
The conditioner is less expensive than the softner because it does not require additional products as salt. It is also more economic in water.
The conditioner with automatic chlorination turns out to be necessary when the analysis of the water reveals a lot of elements in excess such as :
- Bad smell : suffer
- High iron and manganese content
- Organic matters : bacteria and tannins
Here is how works this system :
First of all, the chlorine is injected in the water by a pump, then, metals are oxydized and organic matters are eliminated. After that, the water passes in another tank in fiberglass to allow it a time of retention. To end the chlorine and the oxidized materials are removed in passing in an activated coal-based filter. At the exit of the system: a clear, pure and odourless water.
To handle the hardness of water in calcium and in magnesium
- Resin softeners: balls of resin to which are fixed sodium ions (Na+ ions). When hard water passes in transit through the softener, the calcium ions CA+) that it contains are exchanged for sodium ions. When all sodium ions are used, it is necessary to make the regeneration of the softener, by bringing to it, a solution rich in chloride of sodium (Na Cl) containing sodium ions. The evacuation of calcium ions is made by sewers. This technique uses more water although the new generation of these softeners are much thriftier. At the exit of the device, the rebalancing of the limestone is going to be made by means of a regulator of hardness.
VIQUA - PENTAIR - PENTECK GREENWAY
The water treatment by UV radiation is a process of disinfection in which the water crosses a particular light source. The light source protected by a transparent muff before being immersed in the water, emits ultraviolet waves which attack and neutralize the DNA of the pathogenic microorganisms.
This process destroys the capacity of bacteria to reproduce and makes them inoffensive. It also helps to reduce the chlorine and the carbon. It is a water treatment without addition chemicals.
VIQUA - ULTRA DYNAMIC STERILIGHT TROJAN
It is a water treatment that we use generally in the point of use, The beforehand filtered water gets through a semipermeable membrane which allows to pass only water molecules. This process removes bacteria, minerals and nitrates.
Water handled by municipalities
For the water which is distributed by municipalities, it does not generally need particular water treatment, if it is not the déchlorination or the treatment of water hardness.
Indeed, the contribution of more or less important chlorine made by water treatment plants can be harmful long-term for the human or animal health. We can also have to handle the water of municipalities to eliminate the calcium and the magnesium which are very often the cause of the water hardness: narrowed jets on shower heads, damaged water heater or excessive use of cleaner.
According to the analysis of your water, your specialist Goyer Plumbing will recommend you the equipment of water treatment the best adapted to your needs.
- Water treatment in the point of use: for example, if your water contains some arsenic, the skin is not absorbing the arsenic during the shower or the bath, so a device of water treatment for the consumption of food, the cooking or the dental hygiene would be sufficient. The systems in the point of uses are installed on the faucets which supply the water intended for the consumption, for the cooking or dental hygiene.
- Water treatment in the entry point: the analysis of the water can reveal an excess of iron, manganese, calcium, bacteria, viruses, germs, organics polluants and pesticides. In these cases, it will need to handle all the water of the house. It is what we call a treatment to the entry point. These systems are installed in the entrance of the water in the house. They are generally bigger and more expensives.